San Lawrenz Primary School, also known as the friendly school was founded on 14th March, 1943 after various meetings for the choice of premises. At first it was housed in a rented building. But, in the 1950’s, the Government’s policy changed from one which housed most schools in rented buildings to one where a proper school is built. So, in March 1964, a brand new school was inaugurated having spacious classrooms. The school is involved in various educational project to create the right atmosphere to prepare the pupils to the outside world!
Today, the friendly school forms part of the Gozo College and it is the youngest school within the Gozo College. The school’s motto is Together we make a difference! and clearly describes the atmosphere within our school which is one of close collaboration and participation.
Dear visitor, please feel free to browse the various pages of this blog!